Most US travelers to Mexico get off the plane and head straight for the beach. And why not? Mexico has a gorgeous coastline with some world-class resorts.
While we’re not suggesting you skip the beach, consider including a few nights in the country’s amazing capital, Mexico City. Here are 5 reasons to add it to your itinerary:
- Cuisine: Did you know that Mexico City is now one of the world’s top culinary destinations? It’s home to over 40,000 restaurants, with even the best gourmet tasting menus being surprisingly affordable.
- Culture: Mexico City has the second-most museums in the world; only Paris has more. Unlike Paris, however, many of Mexico City’s museums offer free entry. From ancient religious art to contemporary masterpieces to traditional Mexican crafts, you’ll find a little bit of everything.
- Nature: Bosque Chapultepec, an oasis within the city, is nearly double the size of Central Park. Venturing out to the nearby valleys and jungles, you’ll find lush greenery among amazing Mayan ruins, like the Temple of the Sun at Teotihuacan.
- Airlift: Mexico City is easier to get to than ever before, especially for us in the Pacific Northwest. Delta and Aeromexico just launched Seattle-Mexico City daily service.
- Luxury: The discerning high-end traveler need not shy away from Mexico City. Our partner Classic Vacations offers some beautiful luxury properties here, like the St Regis and the InterContinental Presidente.
If you’re curious about incorporating Mexico City in your next vacation, your Stellar Travel advisor will be happy to help. Give us a call today.