British Airways World Club (business class) cabin is excellent but what a treat to experience their First Class product on a recent Seattle to London flight.
With the dedicated first class line in Seattle, check in was less than 3 minutes and we were off to the lounge via the express lane at TSA. On a quiet Saturday night we were out to the south satellite in less than 10 minutes.
The BA First Class lounge is quite small in Seattle but well-appointed with plenty of eats, beverages and complimentary WiFi. There is also access to the larger business class lounge next door. The gate is just down the stairs from the lounge so boarding was quick and easy.
when entering the aircraft, all First Class guests are escorted to their seat by a flight attendant. Assistance is given with carry-ons and coats. The overhead bins also serve as storage for the large duvets and pillows so space can be at a premium but everyone’s items were accommodated without fuss. Champagne, orange juice and water are offered prior to take off.
- There are 14 suites in the First Class cabin, ten window seats, and four center seats (seats 4EF and 5EF, in the center, are best when traveling with someone).
- They have created a great ambience in the cabin with unique personal windows, incorporating the first electronic blinds onboard a commercial aircraft that span two windows.
- The LED lighting has six pre-sets for different scenarios (plus another for taxiing, take-off and landing).
- There is a small closet at each seat where you can hang a jacket
- The entertainment system has a 15-inch screen, noise-cancelling headphones and enough movies and TV programming to keep you occupied for the 9+ hour flight.
- USB and AC power socket (UK and US) for charging your electronics
- Large table for working and dining
As you can see the seat reclines fully flat (this is a picture of a seat in the center section). While you go change into your cotton British Air pajamas, the flight attendant handles the turn down service. The seat is converted into the bed position and a quilted mattress along with a 400-count Egyptian cotton duvet and pillow are added. All 14 passengers on our flight changed into their pajamas, a couple of seasoned travelers even changed before takeoff, and settled in for a few hours’ sleep.
The three flight attendants in our cabin were outstanding! The dinner service, done is courses, was excellent. They all went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable flight. And we did.