While now might not be the time to travel, it’s a great time to start planning. Here’s some inspiration from your Stellar Travel advisors to get you thinking!
Fun facts about glaciers:
● Glaciers cover roughly around 10% of the Earth. Glaciers covered One-third of the Earth’s surface during the last Ice Age.
● Storing an estimated 75% of the world’s supply, glacier ice is the biggest reservoir of freshwater on the planet.
● The Antarctic ice sheet has been around for over 40 million years. It could raise sea levels to 210 feet worldwide if it were to melt, according to the U.S. Geological Service.
● A single glacier ice crystal may develop to be as big as a baseball.
● Alaska has an estimate of more than 100,000 glaciers, most of which are unnamed.
I’d love to help you plan your trip, so be sure to pick up the phone and call me or send me an email when you’re ready to start planning.
#alaska #visitalaska #thelastfrontier #travelalaska #vacationplanning #traveldestination #alaskanglaciers #funfacts #glaciersfunfacts #returntotravel #myvirtualvacation #stellartravel #stellartrips