Taking off for the very first time at SeaTac Airport is the newest Alaska Airlines Disney themed plane! Stars of the movie Cars: Mater, Lightning McQueen, Guido and Luigi, adorn the colorful 737-800. Bound for Disneyland the new plane is an exciting way to start your adventure!
A few facts on the new Cars plane:
- A 34-member crew worked around the clock for 29 days at Associated Painters Inc. to paint the plane.
- Painters painstakingly airbrushed the aircraft with 70 unique colors and applied more than 10,000 square feet of vinyl graphics to create the lifelike characters, including the headlights, tire rims and eyes.
- More than 72,000 linear feet of masking tape was used during the painting of the Adventure of Disneyland Resort.
- Mater's rustic-looking muffler, which is located on the tail of the jet, will naturally change color over time due to the plane's normal exhaust stains.
- The 129-foot-long Boeing 737-800 has a wingspan of 117 feet and a cruising speed of 530 mph.
- The plane accommodates 157 passengers and six crew members.
Contact your Stellar Travel advisor at 800.45.3265 for your chance to fly in the new Alaska Airlines Cars plane.